The 1st YES Sudan Chapter Forum will be held in Khartoum, between 23 and 24 April 2015. The event will be organized by the Sudan YES National Chapter in cooperation with Al- Neelain University, GeoRift Training Center, Nile Cat and GeoPetra Group.
YES Sudan forum provides excellent opportunities for sharing ideas, experiences and best practices in different areas of geosciences. It is an exciting, stimulating and rewarding annual event for young geoscientist’s professionals in all sectors.
Pathway, Practice and Platform into Global Earth Science Integrations
The theme of the 2015 forum draws attention to professionalism in the field of geosciences. This is demonstrated in the ways in which we constantly review our practices and develop our skills as geoscientists on the pathway to more effective education for our students and ourselves. Our success in this field by exploring effective pathways and platforms depends on how we, as Earth Scientists, shape our practices to explore and extract our earth resources.
Proposals for presentations and workshops are invited on any of the following areas:
1. Professional Pathways.
2. Earth Sciences Education and Policy for Sustainable Development.
3. Success of Integrated Geology, Geophysics and Geochemistry approaches.
4. Recounting the journey – Action research.
6. Student support platforms.
7. Gender Mainstreaming in Geosciences.
8. Petroleum Systems and Exploration.
9. GIS and Remote Sensing.
10. Groundwater resources and Sustainable Management.
11. Mining industry for Sustainable Development in Sudan.
12. Small Scale Mining: Prospects, Challenges, and Opportunities towards Sustainable Use.
13. Impacts of Climate changes and adaptability.
14. Human-induced environmental hazards and disasters.
15. Pathways linking theory and practice.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Wednesday 18 March, 2015