Friday, April 29, 2011

GeoCareer in Egypt

After a year and half of job hunting for a geologist position, I feel like I'm searching for water on Mars. It's hard to find suitable position match your qualifications. I know it has become global issues for geology career, but I don't want to lose my faith. Government oil/mining companies already have corrupted hiring system. In general, they ask you for your grade (GPA), they hire only the perfect student, but How can they judge the low grade fresh graduates? the national universities has given you this grade/score, because they are using bad/old education system not applicable in the industry. Some universities adding general subjects or Islamic subjects/syllabi that doesn't related to geoscience and that's may affect on your (GPA). I hope one day we end any corrupted system to provide fair jobs for everyone or change the minds of who in charge. On the other hand foreign companies and investors always want experienced geologist, but most of Egyptian geologist are fresh graduate. I surprised! when I realized the employment gap between foreign companies and the government, there's no connection.

Cross-posted on GeoSelim here

No comments:

Post a Comment